You’ve watched the world’s best poker pros compete on TV. Now you can compete in tournaments — anytime, anywhere in New Jersey.
Online poker tournaments offer you the chance to win a lot of money for a small buy-in. We’re talking potentially thousands of dollars in a few short hours. Never played in a tournament? It’s easy:
- Find a poker tournament that works for your schedule.
- Buy into the tournament by paying the buy-in and the entry fee.
- Come back before the tournament starts and you'll be taken to your seat once players are being seated.
- You'll receive the same chip stack as everyone else.
- Play poker and try to build that chip stack higher and higher.
- As players bust out of the online poker tournament, tables will consolidate. Eventually, one final table will remain. Survive the tournament and you'll win the first-place prize. In many cases, multiple players get paid out.
TYPES OF TOURNAMENTS
- Heads Up Tournaments: It's you against your opponent (the villain). You buy directly in and play whenever the mood strikes. Once your opponent sits down, the Heads Up tournament begins.
- Sit & Go Tournaments: You are playing against a fixed number of players (i.e., Six-Max Sit & Go will have six players). You buy directly in and play whenever the mood strikes. As soon as there are enough players for a full table, the Sit & Go begins.
- Multi-Table Tournaments: Multi-table events begin at a specific day and time. In this format type, multiple tables of players play down to just one table, where a winner will eventually be crowned.
- Qualifiers: This type of tournament awards entries into larger buy-in tournaments as prizes. This is a great option for players who want to get a seat in a big buy-in event by investing a small amount of money.
- Satellites: This type of tournament awards entries into larger land-based buy-in tournaments as prizes. These tournaments typically run alongside qualifiers, providing players great opportunity to win a seat into a larger buy-in into a land-based event.